Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) are an issue that have been increasing significantly in healthcare, and especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Each year, millions of patients are infected by pathogens and viruses that transmit through the hospital environment. Thousands of patients die due to HAIs, making them a huge concern for medical facilities. These infections also create considerable financial burdens.
About 1 in 10 people admitted to a hospital will contract an HAI.
Types of HAIs include:
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Surgical Site Infections
When the proper steps are taken, the risk for contracting HAIs can decrease by 70% or more.
That’s where Varidyn’s Intelligent Infection Prevention & Control solutions can be utilized as an effective tool in the prevention of HAIs.
Risks of HAIs
Any patient is at risk for contracting an HAI, but there are certain factors that can increase the risk of a patient getting infected/ These include:
- Underlying diseases or conditions
- Immunocompromising illnesses
- Presence of invasive medical devices (catheters, breathing tubes)
- Surgical complications
- Certain antibiotics
- Exposure to organisms transmitted from other patients and healthcare workers
Current Preventative Tactics for Reducing HAIs
Most healthcare facilities follow the CDC guidelines for preventing HAIs, which include:
- Hand hygiene practices
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Environmental cleaning practices, which include disinfecting non-critical equipment, electronic devices, point-of-care devices, workstations, surgical suites, patient rooms and privacy curtains
Varidyn offers simple and cost-effective solutions for all of your disinfection and protection needs.
Varidyn’s Equipment, Consumables and Services
Varidyn offers a one-stop-shop of intelligent solutions and products to help you accomplish your disinfection goals and to aid in the fight against HAIs. Our evolving portfolio includes:
- UVD Robot – The Varidyn UVD Robots offer a technologically advanced solution to disinfection. The UVD Robot emits germicidal UVC light that eliminates microorganisms in the environment. Properly disinfecting all surfaces in hospital rooms can be extremely time-consuming and somewhat challenging. The UVD Robot reduces bioburden, labor, and operational costs saving you time and money.
- NoJerm Privacy Screens – NoJerm Privacy Screens from Varidyn are easy to clean and disinfect between patients, and unlike hospital curtains, there is no need to remove them daily, weekly or even monthly for laundering. They stay bacteria free by having no joints, curtain tracks or textured surfaces for germs to hide and multiply.
- Varidyn Cleaners & Disinfectants – Varidyn’s cleaning and disinfection solutions are an effective addition your HAI prevention protocols. From wipes and sprays to disinfectants and sanitizer gel, Varidyn offers even more protection to keep you and your facility safe and well.
Varidyn has everything you need to accomplish your disinfection goals and to keep your staff, patients, and visitors safe. For more information about our products and services, call Varidyn at 800-827-3035 today!