Infection control is key to managing a safe healthcare facility and reducing pathogens that can potentially lead to infections and disease. Varidyn offers a wide range of cutting-edge technologies and products that can not only make healthcare environments safer but are user-friendly and can increase ROI during the New Year.
Here’s a closer look at Varidyn products and the benefits they can offer to every type of healthcare facility.
UV Disinfection Robot
The UVD Robot by Varidyn is a fully autonomous self-driving Robot that can effectively disinfect entire rooms. This robot is fast, efficient, reliable and user-friendly and is shown to produce high ROI due to the way it is nine times more cost-effective than manual UV devices. Varidyn’s UVD Robot can disinfect a room within 10 to 15 minutes with minimal labor and can be easily controlled remotely using a tablet.
NoJerm Privacy Screen
Traditional medical curtains must be taken down and washed regularly to cut down on harmful pathogens, but NoJerm Privacy Screens by Varidyn are far easier to disinfect. They can be cleaned on the spot and feature no joints, curtain tracks or textured surfaces where bacteria can hide and multiply.
These privacy screens are available in wall-mounted or portable patient privacy. Compared with traditional privacy curtains, NoJerm Privacy Screens are fully waterproof and easy to operate.
Hand Hygiene Monitoring System
The Hand Hygiene Monitoring System (HHMS) by Varidyn meets LeapFrog’s requirements for hand hygiene observations. These standards apply to hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) and include:
- Gathering hand hygiene compliance data on at least 200 hand hygiene opportunities a month in every ASC or patient care unit.
- Providing feedback on hand hygiene compliance to all workers in healthcare settings who touch patients or items used by patients.
- Using the HHMS online portal (or electronic compliance monitoring system) that meets LeapFrog’s criteria for gathering hand hygiene compliance data.
- Using hand hygiene compliance data to develop action plans (such as determining which HHMS units need to be removed or placed in high-traffic areas).
Healthcare facilities that use traditional hand sanitizer dispensers must constantly monitor fill and battery levels, which can often lead to instances where sanitizer dispensers are not refilled as often as needed—especially in high-traffic areas. The Hand Hygiene Monitoring System (HHMS) by Varidyn links hand sanitizer dispensers with an online portal that alerts healthcare facilities when the dispensers are low on sanitizer/soap and batteries or when they require maintenance—paving the way for improved hand hygiene practices and high ROI.
Varidyn’s HHMS is shown to reduce hospital readmissions. Clinical trials also showed that patients who spent time in healthcare facilities that used the HHMS had 26% fewer days with antibiotic treatment in a hospital setting.
Cleaners & Disinfectants
Varidyn can offer customized protocols for your cleaning and disinfecting. Varidyn’s comprehensive portfolio of solutions includes the following:
SaniZide Plus Disinfectant. SaniZide Plus® is a convenient, fast-acting, multi-purpose, broad-spectrum cleaner, disinfectant and deodorizer for environmental surfaces. Our alcohol-free formulation is a non-flammable, non-corrosive, EPA-registered, quaternary ammonium. Use on all surfaces, including walls and floors.
SaniZide Pro 1 Spray. EPA Registered disinfectant that reduces the risk of cross-contamination with true, one-minute kill claims against 48 microorganisms and is safe for repeated use on hard, non-porous surfaces. This unique spray effectively combines cleaning and disinfecting into one step with its hospital-grade formula. Longer dry time than the 1 minute, no need to rewet surfaces.
SaniZide Pro 1 Wipes. Wipes combine cleaning and disinfecting in a one-step, ready-to-use wipe that is as effective as the SaniZide Pro 1® spray and that is safe for repeated use on hard, non-porous surfaces. The SaniZide Pro 1® Wipes reduce the risk of cross-contamination with a one-minute kill time that is effective against 48 microorganisms. Longer dry time than 1 minute, no need to rewet surfaces.
Chlorinated Disinfecting Tablets: The Chlorinated Disinfecting Tablets are a cleaner and EPA-registered disinfectant that kills C-diff, C-Auris, Norovirus, SARS-CoV-2, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Aspergillus Fumigatus, TB, and MRSA, GRSA and many more pathogens. Emerging pathogens claim. It is safe on all surfaces and replaces all bleach products.
Battery-Operated Super Sprayer: 32oz. sprayer that has an easy one-button operation that reduces finger fatigue and prevents repetitive-use finger injuries.
Hygiene Fluid Management Products
Body fluids can easily spread disease when these fluids are not adequately managed or contained in healthcare settings. Varidyn offers an array of hygiene fluid management products to help healthcare facilities reduce the transmission of harmful pathogenic organisms.
Hygiene fluid management products by Varidyn include:
- Bedpan Support. This standard and orthopaedic bedpan combination prevent medical staff from having to handle stool and disinfect soiled equipment. It is designed for use with Varidyn’s Bedpan Hygienic Cover with Absorbent Pad that can convert more than 700 mL of body fluids into a gel within seconds.
- Urinal Support. This splatter-free container with an easy grip is designed for use with Varidyn’s Urinal Hygienic Cover with Absorbent Pad that makes it easy for healthcare workers to safely dispose of urine while avoiding cross-contamination.
- Emesis Support. This recyclable receptacle is designed for use with Varidyn’s Emesis Hygienic Cover with Absorbent Pad, which can capture and solidify up to 700 mL of vomit without spills, splashes or cross-contamination.
- Graduated Emesis Bag with Absorbent Pad (Hygie GoVom). This portable vomit bag holds more than 300 mL of fluids and is ideal for emergencies.
- Wet Wash Gloves. These single-use, hypoallergenic gloves allow medical staff to wash patients without needing a wash basin and eliminate the need for rinsing.
Varidyn has everything you need to accomplish your disinfection goals and to keep your staff, patients and visitors safe. Contact Varidyn today at 800-827-3035 for more information about our products and services.
- LeapFrog Group. “Factsheet: Hand Hygiene.” 1 Apr. 2020, https://ratings.leapfroggroup.org/sites/default/files/2020-08/2020-Hand-Hygiene-Fact-Sheet.pdf. Accessed 9 Feb. 2023.