Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) are a problem that has been increasing significantly in healthcare. Each year, millions of patients are infected by viruses and pathogens that are transmitted through the hospital environment and thousands of patients die due to HAIs. These infections also create a considerable financial burden.
The Varidyn UVD Robot utilizes a technologically advanced solution to disinfection, reducing the risk to HAIs, increased hospital labor and operational costs. Properly disinfecting all surfaces in a patient room can be extremely time-consuming and somewhat challenging. The UVD Robot fights infections and kills 99.99% of germs quickly and accurately, saving you time and money.
What is a hospital acquired infection?
A hospital acquired infection (HAI) is an infection that is caught in a healthcare facility from a toxin or infection that exists in that certain location. For it to be considered an HAI, the infection must not be present before someone has been under medical care. One of the most common wards where HAIs occur is the intensive care unit (ICU), where serious diseases are treated. About 1 in 10 people admitted to a hospital will contract an HAI.
Types of HAIs include:
- C. Diff
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Surgical site infections
The healthcare facility is responsible for preventing HAIs and following the recommended guidelines for sterilization and disinfection. When the proper steps are taken, the risk of contracting HAIs can decrease by 70% or more. That’s where Varidyn’s UVD Robots can be utilized as an effective tool in the prevention of HAIs.
What is the UVD Robot?
Varidyn’s UVD Robot is the world’s first and only fully autonomous, self-driving robotic platform with integrated UV-C light technology that disinfects the whole room. UV-C light is a proven method that fights against the spread of pathogens and viruses decreasing distance and shadows to achieve optimal disinfection effectiveness. Through the laws of physics, stationary UV-C methods were limited to the areas they could reach, however, the UVD Robot removes these limitations by being fully autonomous, driving itself around rooms with the UVC light on and disinfecting significantly improving disinfection and saving your hospital cleaning staff money and time.
The UVD Robot:
- Reduces and prevents the spread of infectious microorganisms in the environment
- Is safe, user friendly, reliable and easy to operate by existing cleaning staff
- Reduces hospital acquired infection rates by being 99.99% effective at killing germs in a fast and efficient disinfection process
- Is a fully autonomous mobile platform that emits concentrated UV-C light onto low, medium and high-touch surfaces in support of normal cleaning routines
- Has a standard process that doesn’t need to be manually influenced
- Moves positions without human interaction, drastically reducing shadow areas which stationary UV-C light operations can miss
- Disinfects rooms in 10-15 minutes
In a case study done on a surgical suite, the UVD Robot disinfected an entire surgical suite consisting of 17 rooms, made up of a shared recovery room and 4 individual surgical suite units including corridors in under 2 hours. The UVD Robot comes in two distinct models to ensure that you get the most optimal disinfection effectiveness for your healthcare center’s needs.
If you would like to learn more about Varidyn’s UVD Robot, fill out our form or call 1-800-827-3035 today.